"What a task it is to form a man! How difficult it is! How much patience is required But is there anything greater!"
Faith is a part of our everyday life and students are encouraged to live out their faith through the sacraments, prayer and service to the community.
This is supported by the Religious Education programme which every boy in the college participates in. Weekly opportunities to pray together include a weekly Tutor Time Mass, Full School Masses and Sunday Boarding Mass. Our students are guided to realise that their God-given talents are to be developed for the life-long service of others.
Our students have identified the following virtues/values as ways of being Catholic and Marist at
St Patrick’s College, Silverstream.
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in his teachings, as found in the Gospels.
- We believe in the inherent dignity of each human person,
- and their limitless possibilities, further developed by Christ’s Grace and Mary’s Inspiration.
- We seek to live out the gospel daily in the way of Mary (the Marist Way)
Father John Walls SM runs an annual sacramental programme where students have the opportunity to prepare for and receive the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation. Eucharist and Reconciliation. This takes place throughout Term One and Term Two. Please contact our Director of Religious Studies Kathryn Miles [email protected] for further information.